SSA President's 1st Quarterly Letter
Happy New Year Members!
As we are all getting back to our routines, your Board wanted to wish you a happy healthy new year and highlight a few things to come for 2018.
The SSA will enter its 72nd year of informing on regulatory changes, working to solve industry issues, advocating to Regulators, and providing educational opportunities to our members.
Of special note, the Shareholder Services Professional Certification (SSPC) launched on January 17th. We are very proud to offer the only certification of its kind in the shareholder services industry. Interest in the certification has already been very strong. Our website includes a dedicated webpage with all the details and how to register.
Additionally, members can look forward to:
- Continuing dialogue with state and federal regulators on topics such as unclaimed property, TA rules and OBO/NOBO
- 9 webinars and 2 educational workshops (formerly luncheons)
- Our keystone event - Annual Conference - July 17-19 in Newport Beach, CA where we will reveal our rebranding plans for the SSA logo and website
- Enhancements to our website and technology
- Career Development webpage which will provide members with job aides, shareholder services job openings and job descriptions
- Forums- this is a great way to seek advice from your peer companies on an industry/process challenge your company may encounter. Look forward to an instructional webinar this year for more information.
We are interested in any thoughts you have to improve and grow the SSA. Please reach out to me or any member of the Board with any questions or suggestions you may have!
Thank you for your support of our Association and we look forward to seeing you at our events as well as your participation on our committees.