Did You know?- August 2015
2015 Annual Conference Recap!
- Did you know that you can survive an unclaimed property audit?
- Did you know that a shortened settlement period is coming soon?
- Did you know that many other industry professionals such as yourself consider Cyber Security a Hot Topic?
The topics listed above and many others were presented at the SSA's 2015 Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. on July 14-17, 2015.
If you were unable to attend, a brief recap of each topic is provided below.
- Mark Fallon, The Berkshire Company, provided an energetic opening session. Mark followed up with an update on the United States Postal Service and the trends and technologies impacting the industry.
- An SEC update was given by Eric Garvey and Moshe Rothman regarding the upcoming industry regulations and the potential changes which will have an impact on issuers and transfer agents.
- Representatives from the NYSE, DTCC, Pershing LLC and Computershare were on hand to discuss the shortened trade and settlement period.
- The EAC Study, an independent study conducted by Vincent McCabe, Inc. commissioned by AST was presented and includes the most comprehensive array of insights available in the industry today.
- Tips for surviving the "during" and "after" phases of an unclaimed property audit were given.
- Leveraging social media for your employer and yourself was discussed and an in-depth overview of LinkedIn was presented.
- Top Shareholder Proposals of 2015 was discussed by a panel of former SEC staffers.
- Associational updates from the National Institute of Investor Relations (NIRI), Securities Transfer Association (STA) and the Holder Coalition (Unclaimed Property- Uniform Law Commission (ULC) were presented.
- The correct processes for disaster recovery and cyber security violation preventions were presented by cybersecurity experts.
Presentations and slides on these topics can be found here (Note: you must be logged in as a member to see the presentations).
If you attended the conference, please remember to participate in the conference survey. If you did not receive a survey invitation, please send an email to SSASurvey@groupfiveinc.com and a new link will be provided to you.
Additionally, if you have suggestions for SSA's 2016 Annual Conference, please share your suggestions and comments with the SSA by emailing email@example.com
Have a topic you would like addressed in a DID YOU KNOW blast? Send your suggestions to ACowart@tsys.com.