My role at Comcast Corporation:
I am the Director of Shareholder Services. We currently manage approximately 400,000 registered accounts which is down from our high of 750,000 accounts. Over my career I have managed high profile projects such as the Annual Meeting of Shareholders, distribution of proxy materials, and other corporate actions. Our day-to-day operational functions include shareholder engagement, dividend distribution, third party service provider management, handling escalated shareholder matters, as well as managing costs. I am passionate about servicing and protecting shareholders’ assets and mitigating risks for my company. I have been a member of the SSA board since 2015 and am honored to take the role of President for 2018-19.Why I am a Member of SSA:
I maintain my membership in the SSA because it is the only association for securities professionals in the field of shareholder service. Through my membership I:
- Stay informed and ahead of regulatory issues through timely eblasts
- Increase efficiencies through exchange of industry information
- Grow my skills and professional development through the education programs
- Network with my peers from companies across the country
- Improve my decision making when selecting business partners and service providers that are members of the SSA. Making the right decisions the first time has saved Comcast time and money
Through my participation on the Board of the SSA I am privileged to:
What I enjoy most about being an SSA member
- Have an opportunity to help shape the services provided to over 5,000 public corporations and 30 million shareholders by working directly with our industry’s service providers
- Advocate to government agencies regarding regulations that impact our Member’s companies, shareholders and service providers
- Help drive positive change in a long-established industry
The people! Having a resource of professionals that understand the regulatory requirements and Issuer’s needs of our industry makes the business case to support my membership, but the relationships and knowledge-share that all members have shown me over the years is the reason I give back to this association.
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia (Go Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers!) When I am not “solving problems” at work, I enjoy golfing, cooking and walking our Golden Retriever, Bailey. My husband and I recently bought our dream home in Savannah, GA and we are looking forward to making friends and memories there in the coming years.